CSU-Pueblo Nursing Department
Cheryl Mincic, Admin Assistant II
Associate Dean of Nursing
Dr. Donna Wofford
Undergraduate (BSN) Coordinator
Dr. Joe Franta
Nursing Department Mission
The mission of the Department of Nursing is to prepare graduates for professional positions as safe, competent and caring nurses to meet the healthcare needs of diverse populations. The department is committed to offering academic programs that meet diverse regional nursing needs. The department is committed to excellence in teaching and evidence based nursing practice. Emphasis is placed on effective student learning, academic achievement, and safe competent nursing performance.
Nursing Department Goals
The Nursing Department will:
- Provide quality learning experiences for nursing students that prepare graduates for entry level baccalaureate nursing practice or advanced nursing practice in a culturally diverse community.
- Provide multiple degree entry paths based on previous education and academic entrance criteria that support student achievement at a professional level.
- Serve as a regional nursing education center for Southern Colorado, by collaborating with local and regional health care agencies to provide nursing programs.
- Maintain educational excellence demonstrated by program status consistent with the Colorado Board of Nursing, national accrediting agency criteria and educational emphases on professional nursing standards.
- Provide a supportive and caring learning environment to address the learning needs of a diverse student population.
- Support role development responsive to the changing health care environment by redefining and maintaining competencies throughout one’s practice.
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
State Board Approval:
The CSU-Pueblo Department of Nursing baccalaureate educational program is fully approved by the Colorado Board of Nursing.
Accredited through 2019 by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and/or ACEN
3343 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020