CSU-Pueblo Nursing Department
Cheryl Mincic, Admin Assistant II
Associate Dean of Nursing
Dr. Donna Wofford
Undergraduate (BSN) Coordinator
Dr. Joe Franta
Nursing Department Mission
Nursing Department Goals
The Nursing Department will:
- Provide quality learning experiences for nursing students that prepare graduates for entry level baccalaureate nursing practice or advanced
nursing practice in a culturally diverse community.
- Provide multiple degree entry paths based on previous education and academic entrance criteria that support student achievement at a professional
Serve as a regional nursing education center for Southern Colorado, by collaborating with local and regional health care agencies to provide
- Maintain educational excellence demonstrated by program status consistent with the Colorado Board of Nursing, national accrediting agency criteria
and educational emphases on professional nursing standards.
- Provide a supportive and caring learning environment to address the learning needs of a diverse student population.
- Support role development responsive to the changing health care environment by redefining and maintaining competencies throughout one’s
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Programs
Masters of Science in Nursing Program
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
Itoa Pi Chapter
State Board Approval by:
The CSU-Pueblo Department of Nursing
baccalaureate educational program is
fully approved by the Colorade Board of Nursing.
Colorado Board of Nursing
Accredited through 2019 by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and/or ACEN
3343 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
P: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing Website