The Department of Engineering offers the following engineering programs:
- The Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a Mechatronics specialization (BSE-Mechatronics)
- The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE)
- The Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering (MS)
- The Pre Engineering program
- The Minor in Engineering, and
- The Minor in Industrial Engineering
The BS in Engineering with a specialization in Mechatronics is a flexible, broad degree that prepares graduates to work in many industries. Mechatronics combines mechanical and electrical engineering with computers to create devices that make our lives better. The BSIE program is concerned with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. The BSE and BSIE programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The Department of Engineering at Colorado State University-Pueblo offers four engineering programs:
- The Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a Mechatronics specialization (BSE-Mechatronics) is a 4-year program that can be completed at CSU-Pueblo.
- The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) is a 4-year program that can be completed at CSU-Pueblo.
- The Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering (MSISE) is a 36 hour program.
- The Pre Engineering program allows students to take 2 years of courses at CSU-Pueblo and transfer elsewhere to complete an undergraduate degree in engineering.
In January 2012, CSU-Pueblo received approval from the Colorado Commission on Higher Education to offer the Master of Science
in Engineering. The degree will have emphasis areas in Mechatronics and
Railroad Engineering. Two new courses will be offered in Fall 2012,
Virtual Reality and Advanced Controls. The program is designed for
working professionals and all courses will be offered in the late afternoon or evening.
Employers interested in hiring engineering students as interns or engineering graduates as permanent employees can contact the Department or the CSU-Pueblo Career Center.